There are instances when a review should not be published. This article does not apply to negative reviews.
Below are some best practice guidelines to help you decide when to publish and when to archive or address offline.
Generally a review should not be published if it:
- is unclear, does not make sense or the text is incomprehensible
- is irrelevant, off topic or contradictory to the star rating
- contains price specific information - as your price may change on your site periodically
- discloses information about a competitors product
- contains sensitive personal information - yours or someone elses
- contains inappropriate language
- is misleading or contains information which is defamatory, criminal in nature or connected to litigation
It is best to apply common sense and be conservative if you are in anyway uncertain.
We also recommend reading: