User Generated Content (UGC) is the name used to describe any form of content, such as ratings & reviews, question & answer, photos, discussions and any other forms of content created by customers that is publicly available to other consumers and end-users.
If you're not using UGC today to grow your business then you are missing out on sales and one of the most powerful ways to expand your business reach, reputation and brand. Don't take our word for it though, read seachengineland.com article.
Sharing UGC on your online storefronts, blogs and social channels generates a ton of unique and frequently changing content which is important in this digital age largely owned by search engines.
With almost a third of our online time on social media (OFCOM survey) UGC is an activity which should be prioritised and can easily be shared across social channels, creating awareness, backlinks and traffic - one reason why Social Push is an important feature.
Infographic: Courtesy of Nicho on UGC
When used effectively, UGC provides significant benefits driving real results through:
- Promotion - Customers sharing their authentic stories is a great promotional tool to share with other prospective customers
- Influence - More people are using UGC to make decisions. In a recent survey, 59 percent of all respondents said that they consult social media before making any purchases. This jumped to 84 percent for millennials who said that their purchases were specifically influenced through UGC
- Creating Trust - Social media being what it is means that people trust their connections - a whopping 92 percent of social media users in fact trust UGC more than traditional advertising. Customers posting and tweeting and not being paid creates even more credibility to the brand, products and retailer
- Relevance - Like minded people stick together, which mens that most people promote products or services that are relevant to them and social network
- Being Memorable - People remember UGC more than other forms of advertising, for all of the reasons outlined above, with 35 percent finding it more memorable than any other form of media
Ensure that you're collecting and leveraging your UGC!
We also recommend reading: