Product Ratings & Reviews are one of the best ways, if not the best way, to build trust with consumers and give them the confidence that they are buying the right product for them. This translates into more sales for your business.
Screenshot: Product Rating & Review Summary Teaser
Research tells us that Product Ratings & Reviews are as important as personal recommendations from friends and family, which make them a 'must have' feature to maximise business success and growth.
Ratings & Reviews are written by a real customers based on their personal experience and opinion of using the product. As there is a close relationship between the product and the business transaction it is not uncommon for customers to also comment on the quality or level of service the business provided incorporated into the product review.
A Rating & Review contains two pieces of information:
- A star rating - where 5 is the best, and 1 is the worst
- Reviewer comments - the reviewers opinion and experience
- Reviewer status - verified if applicable
Where applicable, Product Ratings & Reviews information is can be displayed in various locations including:
- Category pages
- Product pages
- Facebook and Twitter feeds
- Facebook Tab
Prospective customers can quickly and easily search or filter on reviews including:
- Word search - displays only reviews that contain that word and highlights the word
- Star rating - displays only reviews that have that star rating
- Most recent - sorts reviews from most recent to oldest
- Most helpful - sorts reviews from most to least helpful based on votes
- Rating: Highest - sorts reviews from highest to lowest rating
- Rating: Lowest - sorts reviews from lowest to highest rating
Screenshot: Category Page
- Rating stars are only shown on Product category pages if a review has been published for that product
- Rating stars are always shown on the Product page even if no reviews have been published
We also recommend reading: